shan

shan

Monday, December 31, 2012

Book Review: Same Kind of Different as Me

OK, so I promised I'd read a book this month and tell you all about it. Two things: first I'll confess I waited until the very last minute to complete the book. I finished it today. Secondly, I haven't reviewed a book in years, or perhaps ever, so extend me a little grace please.
The name of the book is what drew me in: "Same Kind of Different as Me." I'm intrigued with the way that God made us all so different, and yet so very much alike. I approached this book with the assumption that it's contents related to that truth. I was right... sort of.  I don't want to give away anything in this one, because I believe it is so worth the read. Through the stories of two of the most unlikely friends this book offers us a glimpse at what it really means to love, forgive, and truly serve. It raises  a few questions: What is wealth really? Do we really believe that every life matters?
Truth is stranger than fiction. This is a true story of wealth, poverty, and relationship. A wealthy white man, and homeless black man become brothers, what do they have in common? Want to find out? Read this one you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!