shan

shan

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fashion For "Tweenagers???"
Too childish

Too grown
Over the past year, and particularly in the past few months, my twelve year old looks like she's grown about a  foot! No joke, one day it seemed I was looking down to talk to this child, the next day I'm looking up as she speaks to me. Fortunately (for her) the most recent growth spurt requires a complete wardrobe overhaul. Yep, she gets to go shopping. She's pretty stoked! In preparation for the occasion, she's been looking at the type of clothes she'd like to have. This has been an eye opener for me. It turns out there are plenty of choices for younger girls (under 10) and teenagers, but not so much for this 11-12 in between age. The children's stuff is too childish, and  teenage stuff is a bit too mature looking.  To complicate matters, I've given her an assignment:" think about the message you want to send with your clothing." Hmm... so now she has to not only find age appropriate clothing, which hardly exist (google  clothing for 12 year old girls if you think I'm kidding), but it has send the right "message."  Oh, and did I mention she is going through a "I hate dresses phase?" Wish BOTH of us luck. We are going to need it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!