shan

shan

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nilla and Nuts

I may have shared that I'm on a quest to simplify my life. It began small. Very small. I decluttered  the "junk draw." Soon after, I progressed to the "junk closet."  That was followed by decluttering and organizing what my daughter dubbed "the hoarder room." OK, so maybe I wasn't quite ready to be on a certain show, but that room was pretty close. One by one projects are being completed. With the completion of each project comes the courage, and oddly the creativity to tackle another. Creativity doesn't usually "play nice" with me, but I've literally been praying for it. How else can I make a house a home on a limited budget? As it turns out my prayers are being answered. Lately I'm one walking idea after another. You'll probably be seeing more of them...
One area where I did not expect that creativity to extend is the kitchen.
I do well with a recipe, but I usually don't create my own... that is until recently. Yesterday afternoon found me hungry. As it happens, so was my two year old. I reached into a box of mini Nilla Wafers for her with one hand. I had peanuts for me in the other. Do you know what happens when you combine Nilla Wafers, AND dry roasted, unsalted peanuts? MAGIIC!
How have I managed to live all these years unaware of this? I googled it. Turns out, people have been doing Nilla Wafers and peanut butter for quite some time. Funny, because before I googled it, I tried it with peanut butter. It was pretty good, but I liked it better with the nuts. Maybe it was the crunch. Perhaps a crunchy peanut butter would have been better. I'll try that next time. I'm not saying I reinvented the wheel or anything, nor am I saying it's healthy, but tasty? Yes indeed.  If you happen to have these two in your cupboard, then it's about time they met...in your mouth :) Shout out to Nilla and nuts. It's a snack worth trying at least once.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!