shan

shan

Friday, August 9, 2013

Blessings All Around

I just spent the last twenty minutes reading feel good stories of people who "paid it forward." I read stories of people who paid for other people's groceries, medications, rentals, Christmas gifts and more. It seems the idea of "paying it forward" has caught on with many. It makes me happy to see something positive deemed newsworthy. I could spend hours listening to accounts of this sort. In almost every story I read, it was the person who gave retelling the tale, and commenting on how the reception of the gift had intensely touched them. As I read further I couldn't help, but think of Jesus' teaching "it is more blessed to give than receive." Acts 20:35.  Both giver and receiver are blessed, one is just "more blessed." It's obvious why the person receiving a gift is blessed. They got something, so that makes sense. The person who gave just lost something so you'd think the opposite would be true. Nope! Giving does a work more wonderful that receiving will ever do. We all should take and make time to experience something so profound.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!