shan

shan

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Little by Little

                                                      How do you eat an elephant? 
I have such good intentions. I even made a few lists about them. Turns out I'm an excellent list writer. List follower...that's another topic. Recently, I've been thinking of two list in particular, my bucket/ amen list, and my "nice to do" list. The "nice to do" list is more like a list of good habits I'd like to put in practice. Sadly, both list have been suffering their fair share of neglect. The closing of yet another year has brought them to to forefront of my thoughts. Perhaps it's a good time to edit them.  I don't see myself learning to speak the 5 romance languages any time soon. On the other hand, I did wear a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. Even if it was for a very short time, it has been done. I can cross it out.  I'm not sure what other goals I'll let go, and which ones I'll add. I do know that I have changed since the list was made, so I'm sure the new list will reflect that. Also, more important than writing a list of all the things I want to do, it would be nice to make a list of all the things God has already allowed me to do. It might serve to encourage me, and change my focus a bit. 
I'm the type that tries to do everything, or I do nothing. This will sound silly, but it takes a REAL EFFORT on my part to go slowly. That attitude can be death to an accomplishment. When I'm overwhelmed I respond with either a frenzy of activity, or not at all.  Where the lists are concerned, it's been mostly nothing at all. It's time to change that. I might not be able to do everything, but I can do something. I decided I'll start with my "nice to do list." "Read one book week is a bit ambitious, but once a month I can handle. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to recommend a book or two by doing so. God willing, I''ll have more on this in a few weeks.
OK, I'm off to eat my elephant, "one bite at a time."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!