shan

shan

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Burpee Update

Confession time ya'll; the burpees workout was torture! First of all, who came up with burpees anyway? Must have been some kind of twisted. I goggled it. Ha ha. Turns out he was an engineer by trade, and discovered it while picking plumbs. Come again? Anyway thanks to Mr Burpee (and a certain brother) I spent Monday evening torturing myself. 
I normally wake up early in the morning, and get a workout in, really early. Instead I woke up late, and stalled the whole day. I finally caved, and decided to face the music right before I needed to take my daughter to her extra curricula activities.  With only 30 minutes to spare, I comforted myself with the thought that at least the session wouldn't be a long one. Believe me when I tell you, it was long enough. I didn't do plain burpees. I did a challenging version, a burpee with a pushup. Turns out I couldn't do more 15-17 burpees at a time. I didn't like doing them modified, but I tried that. I concluded that I rather do less of them all the way, than more of them modified. I did a bunch of sets, ranging from 10-15 per set. I probably did about 12-15 sets. I did NOT do much in between sets. I rested as needed. It took about 20-25 minutes to complete. By the end, my heart felt like it was going to leave my chest. 
Yesterday morning much to my surprise my upper body was not sore, but my lower body was a little sore. That surprised me because, my lower body has always been stronger than the upper. I also found that the burpee workout fatigued me more than anticipated, and I struggled through my routine Tuesday morning. I did the burpee workout again this morning. It was the same. I tried to do 150 of them. It took me longer than I care to admit. I threw in a few sets of pushups, and ended with a short set of interval jumping jacks. I'll see how I feel by the end of the day. I'm humbled by how far I have to go, and super motivated. See you on the ripped side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!