shan

shan

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Holiday Do-over

What have you been up to?  I've been recovering from the holiday... well sort of.
It's a VERY reluctant start to the work week around these parts. In fact, we're so sluggish I'm thinking of boycotting the week altogether.
I love Easter. I'd like to dwell on the significance of it a little longer. Actually, this year I've felt a little cheated. I don't think I reflected, or celebrated the holiday worthily or sufficiently. We were so engrossed in other things leading up to it, I don't think it got the attention it deserved.
     A few years ago I remember asking myself "what's the one thing I can't live without?" I can't recall what inspired the question, but I'll never forget the answer. The one thing that I can't live without is hope. Really, can you imagine a life without hope? Easter is reminder of hope. I have hope in this life, but greater still, I/we all have hope for the life to come, life after death.
Whether you pray to God in heaven, to a totem pole, or not at all, we all have a faith, and a hope in someone or something. I'm not debating whose right or wrong, but I do think we'd all be wise to take time, and consider the source of our hope.
With Easter comes the subject of Jesus, eggs, chocolate, chickens, clothing and bunnies. Somewhere in it all the hope, meaning, and message of the holiday gets lost. I just wanted to bring it back to the forefront. It's not to late celebrate the holiday, or explore the true meaning of it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!