shan

shan

Monday, June 11, 2012

"All in The Family."

Family: Blood related or bond related, it's the crazy bunch of people that make your world go around. They possess the amazing ability to keep you sane, and drive you crazy. At least this is the definition according to me. I'm surrounded by a cast of characters, most whom I happen to be related. They are comedians, actors, comforters, instigators, counselors, confidants and more. They make my life the most enjoyable bumpy ride ever. At some point you'll get to meet them all (I apologize in advance). For now, meet the key players. They are the ones with whom I share a roof:

The Hubster:  Ken is his name. We've been married for nearly 15yrs. I would marry him 20 times if I could. He is brutally honest, and obnoxiously laid back. He is my biggest supporter, and my best critic.  We are so much alike, yet so vastly different. And he ain't hard to look at either :)
Yes, he's wearing My sunglasses. He's that much of a man, and that  much of a goof ball. I couldn't ask for a better friend, and father to my kids. Speaking of kids, Samara is our eldest. At the ripe old age of 11, she's nearly taller than I am. She is very honest, super creative (she didn't get that from me), caring, and very sensitive to the needs of others. I couldn't ask for a better firstborn,
or big sister to this little ball of fire. Eliana, a.k.a "Elle" is only one. She is super sweet, but she's no pushover. Watch out world...                      



Finally, the dog with whom we share a yard. Any guesses what her name might be? Buttercup. Samara has a fascination with the movie Princess Bride. She wants a cat, and currently she's into The Hunger Games series. The name "Katniss" has been mentioned.


And then there is me. Shanda. I was born and raised in the Bahamas.  I'm a wife, stay at mom, sister, daughter, friend, teacher (I homeschool my kiddos). I'm all grown up now, but ever an island kid in so many ways.

My life is not perfect, but I love it. I'm hoping that God gives me many more years with all the wonderful people he's placed in my life. I'm hoping you are among them,

All the Best,

Shan

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shan, great post! Congrats on your new blog, I can't wait to see what you post next. Ha ha, ken is rocking those sunglasses....he aint scurd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i am suscribing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shanda! I found you on MBC I'm a new follower and would love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!