shan

shan

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Homeschool Beat Goes On...

In the last few weeks I haven't felt like doing much of anything. That is, I haven't felt like doing the things I know I need to do. Last week it seemed appropriate to reduce our work load given the activities we had planned, we did. This week is a bit different. I don't have a legitimate excuse, I just don't want to face the litany of things that fall under the umbrella of my responsibilities. Homeschooling happens to be one of them. There is no question that if I decided we should take the week off my student would celebrate with her own personal parade, and actually so would I. There are so many ways in which I can use the time, but common sense an logic prevailed, so she, and I are forced to do school this week. This whole scenario got me thinking about the importance doing the right thing despite my feelings. That's a true mark maturity; mastering your feelings, allowing your brain to tell your body how it's going to be, not the other way around.
We'll that's what I'm getting out of this week as we struggle through it. My child on the other hand would rather we take the week off, and I keep the lecture on the importance of discipline to myself, so I thought I'd share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!