shan

shan

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Word

For the past several years I've heard more and more people replace New Year's resolutions with just one word they believe will describe their upcoming year. The process of finding that word is different. For some it's thought and reflection, for others it's prayer. For me, I just like the idea that the New Year's resolution thing is being approached in a different way. It's June, and if I'm honest, any resolution I made in January would have been broken LONG ago. I wanted to join the "one word to describe my year club" for the past few years. I just never got anything that seemed like,  "yep, that's the word." Recently a thought/phrase came to me, and I haven't been able to shake it. "Excellence is not a accident." I googled it. Turns out Aristole said this first, and best. He said:


Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny."

I couldn't agree more. Somewhere in the midst of all the crazy exists the highest intentions of a loving God for us all.  With guidance, and in His wisdom we can make a vehicle of right choices to take us there. That's excellence to me, finding and living my God appointed destiny, it's no accident.  Not sure what impact this phrase will have in the rest of my year, God willing, but I'm committed to doing my best, so I'm hoping I will soon find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!